January is Walk Your Dog Month and what better time to enjoy some nice long walks in the countryside with your dog. Many of us have new years goals to get fitter and be more active, so Walk Your Dog Month goes hand in hand with this.
If you are getting bored of your usual dog walks, why not head out somewhere new on your next day off? Take your pooch with you, and go exploring together!
To give you some inspiration, we have compiled a list of the best dog walks around the UK (including Northern Ireland).
- Sheringham Park, Norfolk
- Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire
- Sticklebarn, Cumbria
- Wallington, Northumberland
- Brimham Rocks, near Harrogate
- The White Cliffs of Dover, Kent
- Killerton, Devon
- Chirk Castle, Wrexham
- Divis and the Black Mountain, near Belfast
- Old Harry Rocks walk, Dorset
- Whitehaven, Cumbria
- Robin Hood’s Bay, Yorkshire
- Compton Bay, Isle of Wight
- Portstewart Strand, Northern Ireland
- Gower, Wales
Wherever you decided to walk your dog this January, please remember to take plenty of dog waste bags with you, and dispose of them correctly. Only let your dog off the lead if you know they are well-trained and will come back to you on your call.
We would love to hear about your favourite dog walks around the UK.